There are countless reasons to get on your bike...but health and happiness are a particularly big incentive!
Cycling is, without a doubt, good for your health. Here's why...
1. As a mainly aerobic exercise, it gives your heart, blood vessels and lungs a workout - giving you increased cardiovascular fitness - and reducing the risk of related diseases.
2. It's great for your muscles and your joints. Cycling gives increased muscle strength and flexibility, whilst improving mobility...and it's a low impact exercise - so minimal stress on your joints.
3. Getting outside on two wheels will give you a good dose of fresh air...and Vitamin D (which helps regulate the amount of calcium and phosphate in the body. These nutrients are needed to keep bones, teeth and muscles healthy).
4. Cycling releases endorphins! This means decreased stress levels and reduced anxiety and depression.
5. It will help to decrease body fat levels - which means that, when combined with a healthy diet, cycling is an effective way of losing weight and reducing the risk of associated conditions such as type 2 diabetes.
6. It's good for your posture and coordination.
If you'd like help with getting into - or returning to - cycling, please get in touch. We have an affordable bike hire scheme and can offer support and information to get you going.